Fireplaces coated stones give a more rustic look to any room. Unfortunately, they are expensive and difficult to build if you have experience in working stone. You can build your own with far less money than you would pay for a real one and nobody will know the difference. Instructions to build a stone electric fireplace.
- Assembly is simple and you just need an electric drill, a screwdriver and a level. Locate at least one screw using your web browser and fixes the mantle of the fireplace with screws and a power drill. If you are not placing a new cloak that mimics the stone over the existing one, you must be a first sanding using an electric sander and fine sandpaper.
- Measure the wire mesh to fit on the stone electric fireplace and frame.
- Create a pattern on the floor or on a flat surface with fake rock fragments.
- Place each faux stone on the mantle and frame as you had placed on the floor.
- Let the stones and mortar to dry for 12 hours. Apply sealer with a brush and allowed to dry for 24 hours before using the stone electric fireplace.