Lighting a staircase in the entrance or exit provides security against intruders and helps prevent falls. However, the stairs inside and outside, are often poorly lit. The most common type of low voltage deck lighting is a set of 12 volt low voltage. You can install Stairway lighting with some basic tools.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Low Voltage Deck Lighting
- In low voltage deck lighting, find a power source near your ladder. The lights always use a low voltage transformer.
- In low voltage deck lighting, Short light openings in the stairwell flooring or wall mounted lights. Place the lights roughly every two steps and cut into the center of each stage of the ladder.
- Using drywall screws, drill and a tip of star, light boxes mounted in the opening. One hole drilled in the back of each light box using the punch
- In low voltage deck lighting, connect the low voltage wires to each fixture. You can connect any two wires to the screw in the rear of each light. Install covers luminaries.
- Open the cover of the transformer. Connect the other end of the low voltage cable to the two screw terminals of the transformer.