The fireplace refacing is often the focal point of a room and can add a cozy feeling. However, an old-fashioned fireplace can easily detract from the appearance of a room that is otherwise nicely decorated. Remodel an old fireplace refacing can have a dramatic effect on your decor and can be done cheaper with a little research and effort.
12 Photos Gallery of: How to Remodel an Old Fireplace Refacing with a New Design
- Decide ahead of time if you do the work yourself or you hired a professional. This will influence the cost, design to fireplace refacing and materials you choose.
- Choose the materials you like to use. Popular alternatives include brick veneer, stone and wood. It may be useful to call a master chimney for a design consultation, even if you plan to do the work yourself.
- Check local building codes before beginning a remodel to make sure your design fireplace refacing meets the minimum safety standards.
- Find out what methods work best for your application fireplace refacing. This will vary depending on what materials you have chosen.
- Choose a material for finishing your home. You can cover it with tile, stone, wood or a combination thereof.